The Mechanics Centre
(Major Street Entrance)
103 Princess Street
Telephone: 0161 236 9336
Company Registration: 01983373
Terms and Conditions of Booking Rooms and other Facilities
- In line with the principles upon which the Mechanics Centre (hereafter referred to as the Centre) and the Trust operates, for the benefit of Customers, terms and conditions are laid down by the Board of Directors.
- It is necessary however to state clearly the terms and conditions of booking and hiring the Centre facilities.
- The Board agree to provide the facilities as advertised to hirers of Rooms and Equipment, etc, at charges as determined from time to time by the Board, provided that the hirers conform to the conditions of hire.
- The Centre reserves the right to refuse bookings. Any disputes to be referred to the Board.
- Users must comply with the Centre rules and Health and Safety regulations at all times. Anyone violating these rules will be escorted off the premises. Any equipment Not supplied by The Mechanics Centre Ltd is the responsibility of the user and NOT The Mechanics Centre Ltd.
- Fire exit signs are displayed throughout the building. Fire exits must not be obstructed.
- In the event of an evacuation, Centre staff will direct customers to the appointed meeting point (Major Street). It is the responsibility of the meeting/event organiser to provide an accurate attendee list.
- The maximum capacity of each room must not be exceeded.
- Users must not enter or use any other room that has not been hired to them. The Congress Room, Alcove Room and bar area (UIA Lounge) must not be used for meetings, workshops or reception areas. Unauthorised use of rooms will be charged to the hirer.
- All equipment hired will be charged whether used or not. No person must remove equipment from any room not hired to them. Any equipment not belonging to The Mechanics Centre Ltd must have an up to date P.A.T certificate.
- Any events starting or finishing outside the agreed times may incur additional charges. A £25.00 surcharge is payable for meetings finishing after 10.00 pm.
- Food and refreshments can be provided by the Centre. Meals provided by the Centre will, whenever possible, be placed in a separate room for the sole purpose of dining. This does not confer the right to use the room for other purposes. No organisation will be allowed to bring food or drink onto the premises. The Centre does not provide kitchen facilities.
- Telephone calls, use of facsimile, photocopying facilities and stationery are not included in the room hire.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the person in charge on the day is made aware of these terms and conditions.
- The Board reserve the right of entry to the premises of the Centre. That right initially residing with the licensee and/or the Centre Administrator. In the event of any dispute, the matter shall be reported to the Board for their determination.
- The Centre will accept telephone, email and/or verbal bookings of its facilities. The hirer shall be required to confirm the booking, by booking form, to the Centre Manager/ Administrator within 5 working days.
- Amendments to attendee numbers of more than 20% must be notified to the Centre Administrator no less than seven working days prior to the event. Final numbers and details must be given no less than 2 clear working days prior to the event.
- The Centre will invoice the hirer for the rooms/facilities used at the rates determined by the Board.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to make payment of the total charges by the 30th day following the date of the invoice.
- Outstanding payments due thereafter will be reported to the Board who will have sole power to determine action there from.
- The Mechanics Centre reserves the right to refuse or cancel future bookings if previous invoices are unpaid.
- In exceptional circumstances, the Centre may, without incurring any liability, cancel a room booking or allocate an alternative room up to seven working days before the date of the event.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel or amend any booking in the event of any failure to comply with the conditions, if there has been a failure to disclose any details of hire that could in their view adversely affect other Hirers or jeopardise the reputation of the centre or if the holding of the function is deemed to be in conflict with the interest or potentially harmful to the business of the Centre or its staff. The Centre will refund any monies paid in advance. The Centre does not accept any liability for losses incurred due to the cancellation of an event. Should it be deemed by the Centre that a client has withheld and/or not disclosed full details of the event and its contents/speakers for any reason then the Centre reserves the right to cancel the booking without penalty or liability.
- As Hirer, you shall not unlawfully discriminate within the meaning and scope of the provisions of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that any individuals present at functions do not unlawfully discriminate. In the provision of the booking, as Hirer you shall ensure that attendees behave with courtesy and respect to everyone regardless of sex, religion, race, disability and sexual orientation.
- In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, the following charges will apply:Less than 5 full working days prior to the event, the hirer will be charged all room, equipment hire and catering cost.
Less than 10 full working days prior to the event, the hirer will be charged 75% of all room, equipment hire costs.
Less than 15 full working days prior to the event, the hirer will be charged 50% of all room, equipment hire costs.
Less than 20 full working days prior to the event, the hirer will be charged 25% of all room, equipment hire costs.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for any damage done to the Centre and any damage to or loss of any furniture, fittings, contents and equipment therein during the period of hire. Users must not attach anything to the walls.
- Property brought into the Centre is left at the owner’s risk. The Board will not under any circumstances accept responsibility or liability for any damage or loss for any goods or property of any kind brought into or left on the premises.
- The Centre will not be liable for the death or injury to any person attending the premises in connection with the event or for any losses, claims, demands or costs except where such death, injury or loss is due to the negligence of the Centre.
- Any breach of the above conditions by the hirer, and/or any damage to the property of the Centre, or by their agents, members or representatives, shall in the first instance be brought to the attention of the Centre Manager. In the event of any dispute, there from, the matter shall be reported to the Board for their determination.
- A separate policy is attached during the Covid-19 pandemic with regard to government guidelines, when signing the booking form you are agreeing to the terms of the policy.